Sunday, May 12, 2013

Poor Pollination, No Cherries...

I just took a survey of my cherry trees and I am so sad. My usual bounty of cherries will not happen this year. I have been doing some research on what it might be and I came across this http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fruit/msg052006172659.html saying my shriveled, underdeveloped cherries are due to lack of adequate pollination. This makes me want bees even more! I can rule out other things like age of the tree and sun exposure. We have lived here for over 5 years and every year this cherry tree produces at least 100lbs of cherries. I need to look and see if there is some disease affecting it, that would affect the fruit. I don't spray anything in my yard, but if there is some kind of disease or bug infestation, I will try and find a way, naturally, that I can deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment